Week 2 of Poetry Month... With a Freebie!

Friday, April 12, 2013
So has anyone else jumped on the poetry wagon for April? Like I said in my last poetry post, this is the first year I decided to participate in National Poetry Month. To be honest, I was a little nervous that my kiddos wouldn't enjoy reading and writing poems as much as they enjoy stories. Boy was I wrong! My students have loved learning about poems and becoming poets themselves! I was a proud "speechie mamma" today when 3 of my students got to read their acrostic poems on the morning news!

This week we focused on acrostic poems. Most of my students wrote acrostic poems with their name but a few wrote about their favorite food or animal. Below is Andre's acrostic poem!
If you would like to download some of the poetry paper that I used with my students, click here. The backgrounds are from The School Supply Addict!


Powered by Blogger.